Friday, July 25, 2008

What a week!

Lindsay, Travis and Emily with our neighbors across our street working. Can you see the power line under the big tree behind Lindsay?
This picture it is a little easier to see the power line down on the right. The tree fell right on it.
Here is our back yard minus two trees. It really changed the looks of it.
Here is our pool that now has no water and part of our patio. Oh it also flooded muddy water in our basement in the torrent of rain that followed. What a mess! I haven't gotten all of it cleaned up yet. But I;m working on it.
Wow! This has been some kind of week! Saturday night, I got the charge from the ground that happens just before lightning strikes you and was in bed all day Sunday. Monday morning around 6 AM, I awoke to the tornado sirens going off and wind whipping everywhere. I woke Jeff and ran to get the kids. They were already running out of their rooms and together we took off for the basement. It is a pretty helpless feeling to know the wind is strong enough to do what it wants and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. We have windows in our basement and could see trees wildly blowing in the wind, and then they were just gone. We had a little 10 ft pool for the kids and the water was swirling around and around and then all of a sudden, there was no water. It was completely gone. 10,000 gallons! Wow! Where did it go?

Anyway, when the storm died down, I was exhausted from the lightning the night before and went back to bed. It seemed to have taken all of my energy and I had none. We lost our electricity, too. I didn't care. just went to sleep. The phone kept ringing and I answered when I could reach it. The only one working was the cord phone.--and no answering machine or caller ID. Talk about the hard times>>:)

I slept most of the day and then when it got dark we went to the Jones" for the night and it was so nice. I do not like to sleep in pitch dark!!! On Tuesday, Dan and Melissa brought me dinner as I was still not doing well. Emily said, "Mom, we have lots of friends!" Thank the Lord for good friends and family. It means so much.

I am doing better though still tire easily. I am posting some pictures of our neighborhood. I didn't take these so we have none of our truck which it looks like may be totaled because I huge tree branch fell on it. sigh... What is the Lord trying to teach us? :) Well, hope you all stay well and safe and I'll talk to you soon.:D

7 comments:

Woodard Family said...

Trish, You were struck by lightening????? How awful!! Brent said to tell you we rarely have tornadoes here in Rapid City :) (HINT, HINT)
Nicki

Brittany said...

Wow! You've really been through it this week! Hope you're feeling better soon, glad you guys are all safe. We have grown to have a very healthy respect for tornadoes, we take them seriously around here!

Amanda said...

So sorry Trish. We will be praying for you guys! We sure love your family and hate that you have to go through all of that.

SheilaDy said...

Trish,
You poor thing!! I am glad that you are ok!!!!
Please know that our prayers are with you as you face the effects of the damage done.

Jennifer Truitt said...

Sorry for the crazy week! When it rains it pours...sometimes literally! :) Glad you are feeling better and hope everything is back to "normal" soon! Love you all ! Jenn

RicKaren said...

I'm so sorry for all your troubles! Glad you are safe and hope things return to 'normal' for you soon. We NEVER have weather like that in Idaho!!! :) (hint #2)

Holly said...

Hey girl, its always amazing when nature takes over. We had that feeling here this spring. I'm glad you are okay and you have family and friends around. Take it a day at a time, K? Don't push yourself. Love ya, Holly